Friday, March 30, 2012

Let’s get out of the resent mode and get into the present mode!!!


  Thoughts, Change, Empowerment, Attitude of Gratitude, etc. etc

             Don't wait until you can do it perfectly, or exactly, just do something. That's the polar opposite of my usual train of thought.
             Our thoughts are powerful. How to overcome negative thoughts??? How do I improve my performance/ productivity???? How to channelize our energies positively????  Such sundry questions keep on irritating us on frequent basis, right????
             Today I was feeling very ‘low’ n 'defeated', I was challenged to think about what I want to be, instead of what I am not. So, I pondered on my thoughts for a moment. I thought of all things I want to be, and it was incredible to note the amount of energy that simply flooded through me when I stopped focusing on what I wasn't (feeling well, to start with) and started thinking about what I want (to be healthy, to start with). I honestly felt more awake, less sick, and more hopeful.
            While we don't control which thoughts float in and out of our consciousness, we can control which ones we allow    to stay in there and occupy our mind- as predominant thoughts/ energies. That, I think, is where our power of self belief comes in. There is, quite simply, no way to send these thoughts packing without utilizing our power of Intuition +Instinct and Positive Attitude cum Approach (Mindset Reprogramming).
It's a pretty frightening time in our world's economic history. All around us, people are losing their jobs, killing others / committing suicide. Corruption and Crime is on a rampage. Older folks are putting off retirement out of necessity. Younger ones are feeling lost and insecure. The election has brought out the usual nasty rhetoric. There is not a lot of hope among the masses.
               Now, we could focus on that. Or we can remember the value of Gratitude- 'Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – it’s this very moment, the power of NOW! Think about things, the relationships you have and not about what you don’t have. Just count your Blessings!!!
              How about this? From now on, tell to yourself, make a pact with yourself that from today onwards I will pray only positively. Frequent Re-affirmation is the key here according to me. Instead of what I don't want, I will ask for what I do. Instead of noticing the failures, the stupidity, the negative, I'll give thanks for those things that lead me to my goal. A free country (isn't it awesome that we can have dialogue in public?); a prosperous community (isn't it so cool that we all have food on our table and there are so many generous people sharing their wealth?); a bright future (Our present promises to enable us to achieve a better future). Ok, it might sound clichéd to most of us. But………Still, why not? What is there, really, to lose? After all, anything worth doing is worth doing poorly as long as we are not procrastinating, lols. So let’s get out of the resent mode and get into the present mode!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment